PII is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
Information we collect
When ordering or registering on our site and/or through our team of specialists, subscribing to a newsletter, responding to a survey, and/or filling out a form on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help our team provide you with the best possible experience. Also, during our On-Boarding process, Director Corporate Services Pty Ltd (“DCS”) employees will gather PII from you and your nominated authorisee/s. We only obtain personal data that is reasonably necessary for, or specifically related to, one or more of our services as outlined above or for tasks listed under the contracted scope of engagement particularised in our engagement letter or, for any additional assignments you, or your authorisee request. If we request that you and or your authorisee provide DCS with PII and you choose not to, DCS will not be able to proceed with your order.
Use of your information
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your user experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To upgrade website performance.
• To enhance service standards and improve our response to customer queries.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
Information protection (ICT Security Policy)
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order online and or when we gather PII during our On-Boarding process, to maintain the safety and security of your information.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes, malware and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your PII is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of staff who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We take additional measures to secure the PII we hold against disclosure, unauthorised access, loss, use, unauthorised amendment and against other misuse. We provide physical, technical and administrative safeguards and physical access constraints. We test and advance our security technology on a continual basis.
We educate our employees about the significance of privacy and maintaining the confidentiality and security of your information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We only use PII for the function for which it was obtained, except where one of the following applies:
• We obtain your approval to utilise the PII for an alternate purpose.
• Where you would reasonably presume that DCS would use the PII for an alternate but analogous purpose (and if the PII is sensitive information, that the objective of utilising the PII is directly related to the collection objective).
• We are instructed by law to use the information (for example, by a court order or subpoena).
• We reasonably consider that the use of your PII is imperative for our enforcement activities (such as to gather intelligence or take enforcement action due to breach of contract).
We will only divulge your PII and or the PII of your authorisee/s to third parties or other persons when obligated to do so by law or, with your prior written permission, to professionals who may be contracted to assist with the completion of your scope or additional tasks, as and when required.
If unauthorised loss, use or exposure of your personal information occurs, we will advise you as soon as possible, we will conduct a thorough and efficient investigation and will take all reasonable steps to counter and eliminate the unauthorised access and/or divulgence.
You may seek access to your PII that we store and you may request us to amend your PII if you find that it is not accurate, current or complete.
To safeguard your privacy and the privacy of others, we will need confirmation of your identity prior to granting you access to information about you and or making requested amendments to your PII.
• DCS will keep sensitive information concerning the Company and its affiliates’ business or affairs (“Confidential Information”) confidential.
• DCS will protect personal and business information from unauthorised access, unauthorised use and unauthorised disclosure. PII and business information collected by DCS is used only for Client Engagement completion, or as otherwise particularised above.
• Your information will never be sold, lent, leased or otherwise distributed outside DCS. (This will not apply where the Confidential Information properly enters the public domain or when the disclosure of Confidential Information is required by law or a competent authority).
Note: Any report, letter, information or advice provided by DCS to our Clients, our Client’s employees, officers, agents or servants, is given in confidence solely for the purposes of providing our professional services. Our Clients will not, without DCS’ prior written permission, disclose engagement information or any other corporate data, to third-parties.
• Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Disabling cookies may make your site experience less efficient and some of our services will not function properly, if cookies are disabled. You can however, still place orders.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We have implemented the following: Remarketing with Google AdSense, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and Demographics and Interests Reporting.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookies) or other third-party identifiers to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Spam Act 2003
The Spam Act 2003 is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and or other requests or questions.
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• We may also send you additional information related to your product and or service.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with Spam Act 2003 we agree to the following:
• NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• NOT use or supply a list that has been created with address-harvesting software.
• NOT use or supply address-harvesting software.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests easily and quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Director Corporate Services (ABN 88 630 430 429)
Office 4/20 Welch Street
+61 7 5600 9777